Thursday, August 4, 2022

Towers

 I sit in a tower,

Way up high,

I survey all the people

As they pass by.

I judge them,

I measure,

I criticize,

I cut people down 

To the exact right size.

I assume I know 

Why they act the way they do

Why they grumble and groan

And I think, I know you.

I know what you're thinking,

I know what you'd say

If you knew me at all,

You'd just go away.


So I point

And I scorn 

And I judge righteously,

And I assume that you think 

You're much better than me.

And the distance,

It grows between us each day,

As I sit in my tower 

And wither away.

What if I came down?

What if we're the same?

When we look around

All the people we see 

They're more alike than different

Can you be you?

And can I be me?

Is there room for us all 

In this wide, wide world?


























No comments: