Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Savior

 The realization that I cannot save people is both devastating and freeing. I feel every wound, I experience every hurt, I want to care for and heal, I want to make everything thing right in the world. I want to fix every injustice, right every wrong, carry the downtrodden, see those who feel invisible and heal the wounded. 

But I can't. Even if I devote every waking moment to easing the suffering of others, I can't save them, I can't offer redemption, it isn't in my power, sometimes I wish it was, I wish I could save you from suffering, be a buffer to protect you from the awfulness of the world. But I'm too weak. All I can do is see you in your suffering, sit with you in your pain and hold your hand while you heal.

Gods heal, I know because they heal me, over and over and over again, they heal my pain, my suffering, my broken heart. They heal me because they can, they allow me to break and heal again and again because that is how I grow. To know suffering is to grow and expand beyond it. 

So I will keep suffering and growing and becoming more like Them.

"Instead of explaining our suffering, God shares it" 

"Through our tears, we see the tears of God."

"It is said of God that no one can behold His face and live. I always thought this meant that no one could behold His splendor and live... Perhaps it meant that no one could see His sorrow and live."

-Wolterstorff

God is greater than the highs and lows

"It is Christ that is risen again, who maketh intercession for us. "

-Romans 8:34-39


No comments: