Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Pain

 I wish I could

Escape the pain

Of living,

Of dying,

And everything in between.

I run from it,

But the pain just chases me.

The faster I flee,

The faster it follows.

I refuse to see it,

I stay one step ahead,

It will never get me

If I never stop.

Never stop eating,

Never stop moving,

Never stop listening,

Or else

The pain,

It'll catch up.

And I will be caught,

Stuck, pinned down,

As the pain screams

In my face

And claws at my heart

I cannot bear it,

I have to look away,

I have to run,

But what is this life of running?

Why would I want to live this way?

Better to stop and face it,

Than to run my life away.

So I will look,

And I will see,

The pain in you,

And the pain in me.

I will stay.

Kill me if you must pain,

But I will not run away.

From this phantom

Of pain

It catches up quickly,

This gnawing pain.

I sit within

The hurricane of hurt.

I think it will kill me,

But I am still alive.

The pain has left

And I ache for it.

Feeling pain

Keeps me alive,

Keeps me alert,

For what I might miss,

For what will be taken,

See it, live it,

Be it now.

Trust in love to bind us,

To bind me to you,

And you to me.

We will survive.

This pain

Is fleeting,

Feel it,

And let it go.

No comments: