Saturday, December 29, 2012

What Women Want

All I want from life is to be a gourmet chef, dress like a supermodel (look like a supermodel), live in a home featured in Pottery Barn, exercise and eat well, have a sizzling romance with my hubby, educate my children and keep them happy and safe and if they someday win the Pulitzer or something equally prestigious, that would be just gravy. Also, I want to be kind and serve others, study my scriptures and understand eternal truths. I never want to get mad or yell at my husband or my kids, and my nails should be perfectly manicured all the time. Wow, that sure sounds boring huh?
If I was this pseudo-woman, I'm not sure what I would do all day. I'd be like the Stepford Wives, all functional and perfectly robotic. Who wants that? Maybe there is happiness in a messy, mixed-up existence. Right now I'm sitting in my parent's house typing on my laptop that, thanks to certain chubby baby fingers, is missing numerous keys, causing me to stamp my pinkie every time I type a P. whew! That's a workout. My pinkie will be as big as my thumb by the time I finish this post. I have a slight headache because I probably didn't drink enough water today. I have spit-up on my shirt and my pants, my makeup is running under my eyes and my mom's house looks like I brought 3 dressers worth of clothes with me and just threw them with reckless abandon. The l key appears to not be working either! Life is exhausting!

No comments: