Friday, December 14, 2012

Leave it on the doorstep and get the heck outta here!

i need a sign like this to hang on my door when I am home but disinclined to open the door.  Between cellphones and the internet, i think people are too used to others being available to them at all times. A few nights ago i was in the throes of bedtime with my babies. It looked a little something like this: one baby crying because she was tired and needed a diaper change but i didn't want to change her until i got the tub ready so i could just bath her and then get her jammies on, and the other was crying because she is growing 4 very pointy teeth and consequently can't emotionally handle anything. Oh and we were out of Advil. (i really sound like a great mom, i know) So here i am wishing i had 8 arms so i could simultaneously turn on the bath, check the water, change 2 diapers and cuddle both crying babies when someone knocks at my door. i wasn't expecting anyone, it was dark and i was home alone so i ignored it thinking if they know me or this is an emergency, i will get a call on my cell phone. (Thankfully, the door was locked.) Well, he or she was not to be ignored. i counted 3 thundering knocks and 2 blaring doorbell rings! Apparently this person really wanted my attention despite the obvious cries and wails coming from my home. By then there was no way i was going to answer that door crying babies aside. i don't believe i could have possibly been any more anxiously engaged and answering the door was not high up in my priorities, something's gotta give right? Especially at bedtime after a long and exhausting day! So if you ever chance to knock upon my door and i don't immediately answer...wait 2 or 3 minutes and then give up! Sometimes i am just not available! i'll just have to get back to you say in 18 or 20 years when i can handle more than just raising and rearing 2 babies. Until then...leave it on the doorstep and get the heck outta here!

1 comment:

Jensen’sjourney@blogerspot.com said...

I laughed right out loud. You have a clever and spot on perspective. Thanks for sharing.