Wednesday, December 12, 2012

body language ha!

Today as I was attempting to stuff my post-baby body into "pop jeans" at the store, it occurred to me that women need better role models. Who really wants to look like those models in advertisements? OK  I do; I'll admit. I would love to be super skinny and tan and have glowing skin and long luscious hair but at what cost? Do any of these young radiant models have small children at home? Do they have laps that fit crying toddlers and arms that snuggle newborn babes? When I start to beat myself up about not having chiseled abs or a butt you could bounce quarters off of, I want to remember that right now I have the perfect body for  being a mommy and wife to my family. I have arms that lift and encircle, I have intellect that teaches good behavior and corrects bad, I have eyes that discern possible dangers for small beings and I love being their everything. So what if I look ridiculous in skinny jeans (think Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum), I sure can rock a white fluffy robe.

1 comment:

Jensen’sjourney@blogerspot.com said...

And you look oh so stunning in the robe! Love you! XOXOXO