Friday, December 23, 2022

Grandma and Grandpa Hansen

Grandma and Grandpa Hansen

Pancake breakfast on the fourth of july

Washing windows with old garment tops

Whiskery kisses and big bear hugs

Driver's ed and English classes

Stuffed animals under the tree

Light the world

And funny stories after Sunday dinner

Thick, dark hair tickling my face as I rode behind grandma on the four wheeler

Rodeo

Playing tag and hide and go seek in their yard

Great grandma Sybil and great grandpa Keith

Cousins

Toys under the stairs

Sparkling blue eyes

And dancing dark brown ones

Lipstick and mustache wax

Strong hands and arms that held me tight

Sure love ya!

Baseball caps and wranglers

Leather working and family history

Reading about a teenage Gary and young Hans

The only hell his mama ever raised

My grandma and my grandpa

No comments: