Saturday, December 19, 2020

Missing Mom

 I search for you

Looking in all the right places

But I don't find you

You are not here

Where you are?

I want to be where you are

I want to see your smile

And feel your arms encircle me

To lay my head on your shoulder

And know everything will be alright

To inhale and know you're really there

To see you look at me

And wipe away my tears

And tell me I am amazing.

I didn't believe you when you told me,

I thought you were supposed to say that,

I thought you were blinded by your love for me.

But now I crave it, 

To know you are proud and pleased with me

To know my choices are right

And my actions are just.

That I am yours

And you are mine.

That no matter how far apart we are,

We belong to each other.

I carry a small part of you with me

I get it out and look at it sometimes,

Admire how lovely and true it is

And how well it fits just me and you.


No comments: