Monday, October 21, 2013

bare naked

Sometimes people see me naked. Not in the just- got-out-of-the-shower-way; in the emotionally raw, intensely intimate way. Need strips away my inhibitions and I am left open, real and vulnerable. Social politeness is cast aside and I am exposed; my fears, my dreams, my feelings all laid out for everyone to see. I hope I am with people who know me well enough to realize this isn't how I always am, a tangle of emotions, fears and all-encompassing sadness. Sometimes I am happy, sometimes I am balanced and brave and in control. But often my thoughts run away with me and I am taken for a dangerous and scary ride. Who knows why these emotional storms beset me? Why I become languid, heavyhearted and weighed down by the sorrow? I don't. I don't know why. I can't figure it out but I can fight it. I fight against the tidal wave of sadness with everything I've got. Throwing medicine, supplements, therapy, doctors, family and friends at the rising swell of depression that threatens to engulf me. Elder Holland's General Conference address a few weeks ago has been a lifeline for me. Tossed out by a loving Heavenly Father. http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/like-a-broken-vessel?lang=eng  Family and friends encourage me that I won't always be this way. My children will grow and flourish and one day will barely need me at all. My hormones will stabilize, my body won't be so wracked with this disease. But for now I hang on, I cling to the hope of a better day.

5 comments:

Debi said...

Chaz I loved that talk too! It spoke to me and really helped me to remember Heavenly Father does have a plan for us and a reason for our trials. Hang in there and know that I love you.

Debi said...

Chaz I loved that talk too! It spoke to me and really helped me to remember Heavenly Father does have a plan for us and a reason for our trials. Hang in there and know that I love you.

KILEY said...

You are amazing. I know this trial has been so incredibly difficult but I also know that Chazlyn is still in there, getting stronger every day. I love you.

Sophia said...

Love this blog. And I cried so much during his talk. The validation and love was unbelievable.

Sophia said...

Love this blog. And I cried so much during his talk. The validation and love was unbelievable.