Sunday, June 9, 2013

Flex those mighty muscles

I'm writing a book. I've been thinking about it for some time and I feel ready to start sketching out this idea. I'd like some experiences to draw on besides my own so, please tell me about a time when you felt powerful. In a confident, I can get things done, I'm competent, I just did that! Kind of way. Like, almost invincible, or even just incredibly influential. Or maybe when you felt like you discovered something you were good at (I know as Christians and sometimes even as women we feel like we're not supposed to be good at anything, like how it's considered socially normal to deflect compliments and downplay our accomplishments and hide our abilities). Look, everybody's good at something, what's your thing? I know I often focus my attention on the things I'm not doing or my failed attempts (like the sunburst mirror I've been trying to build in 20 minute chunks of time for 3 weeks). But I feel it can be very enriching to take time to think about what you're good at, whatever it is, and congratulate yourself especially if it's something that could be considered insignificant. (I happen to be really good at laundry and I rock at responding to the specific sounds and cleaning up the disgusting bodily fluids that often spew from my adorable babies). Remember, every ability counts, what are you good at?

1 comment:

KILEY said...

I did not know you were going to write a book. Maybe we have talked about it but either way i think it is a great idea. You are a wonderful writer.

Something I am good at....probably being frugal and finding deals. I get such a high when I find an amazing deal that I have told Tyler even if we make tons of money I will still enjoy the hunt for the best deal! It feels amazing to know that if I do enough research and look at different options I can actually save money (at the expense of time, of course) but I like it.